1. You should know that God loves you. John 3:16.
2. You should know that every person sins and needs forgiveness. Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23.
3. You should know that God wants to forgive you and give you abundant life. Romans 5:8, John 10:10.
4. You should know it is God's grace that changes you. Ephesians 2:8-9.
5. You should know it is through faith in Jesus Christ you are saved. John 14:6.
6. You should know it is through prayer and confession that you receive God's forgiveness. Romans 10:13, Romans 10:9-10.
7. You should know you can pray for forgiveness and salvation right now. II Corinthians 6:2.
A sample prayer: Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. Please forgive me of my sins and come into my heart and my life. Give me eternal and abundant life. Help me to live for you. Thank you for loving me, forgiving me and for saving me.
Welcome to the family of God! As you have said that prayer, you have become a part of the family of God. You will want to find a Bible believing church where you can worship and grow in the Lord Jesus Christ. If you need help finding one, or if you'd like more spiritual help, please contact Pastor Alan Tamashiro at Puna Baptist Church, 808-965-9970, 808-938-4086, or PunaBaptistPahoa@hawaiiantel.net.